Sunday, February 24, 2008

What a Roller Coaster

Last week was a pretty tough week for me, but even more so for my mom. Long story short, she was in the ICU for six long days. Most of the time she was sedated, intubated, and on a respirator -- tough sight to handle for anyone I'm sure. Early on, the doctors thought she wasn't going to make it, and recommended that I start contacting family. The whole time I felt a bit helpless, wishing I could do something for her. Alas, I could only stay with her, wait for any updates, and and hope that her condition would improve. As the days progressed, I'm glad to say it did!

Anyway, here are a couple of pics that make me think, "from zero to hero":

No comments:

About Me

My Photo
estebangs
Bay Area, California, United States
I'm a Software Engineer at Google currently working on Blogger. This is my personal blog, so there's not a whole lot of shop talk here (mostly random pics of my cats). At any rate, the standard "views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not those of my employer" schpeel still applies.
View my complete profile

Labels

Powered By Blogger