Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I Miss My Mom

So, I spent the past weekend helping my mom move out of my place into her own (just wanted to create a brief post, now that things have settled down). She had accumulated quite of few things since moving to CA (she is known to be a bit of a pack-rat, as am I).

<self-gloating>
The biggest thing was a couch (the most comfortable couch in the entire world, mind you, that I was happy to give to her). I just rented a U-Haul and moved everything by myself. We also bought a few heavy items (e.g. tv, tv stand, dining table), which I also moved all by myself.
</self-gloating>

[Insert picture I forgot to take of loaded U-Haul]

My place feels empty without her. Fortunately, I've been spending a lot of time at her place helping set things up. And although we have to make more effort to spend time with each other, it seems like the time is of better quality.

Anyway, without sounding too cheesy...I miss her already.

No comments:

About Me

My Photo
estebangs
Bay Area, California, United States
I'm a Software Engineer at Google currently working on Blogger. This is my personal blog, so there's not a whole lot of shop talk here (mostly random pics of my cats). At any rate, the standard "views expressed on these pages are mine alone and not those of my employer" schpeel still applies.
View my complete profile

Labels

Powered By Blogger